Academic Study Skills II
ENGLISH LINGUISTICS PROGRAM
ACADEMIC STUDY SKILLS COURSE OUTLINE
|Course Code||PREP Academic Study Skills|
|Course Title||Academic Study Skills|
|Instructor||Res. Asst. Gülsüm ATASOY KOLBAŞI|
|OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE COURSE|
|This course aims to develop the academic thinking and working abilities of students and introduce the basic academic skills.|
|06.02.2017||Test preparation, Test Taking||Congos, 132-155|
|13.02.2017||Vocabulary, Research skills, Web search||Congos, 156-168,169-180|
|20.02.2017||Presentation skills||Congos, 181-198|
|27.02.2017||Presentation skills||Congos, 181-198|
|06.03.2017||Student presentations||Evaluation form|
|20.03.2017||Student presentations||Evaluation form|
|27.03.2017||Student presentations||Evaluation form|
|03.04.2017||Student presentations||Evaluation form|
|10.04.2017||Student presentations||Evaluation form|
|17.04.2017||Student presentations||Evaluation form|
|24.04.2017||Student presentations||Evaluation form|
|01.05.2017||Student presentations||Evaluation form|
|Textbook(s)||Congos, D. H. 2011. Study Skills Handouts (University of Florida Student AcademicResource Center) Access Date: 30.08.2011, Web Address: http://www.sarc.sdes.ucf.edu/?id=studyskills_handouts|
- It is the student’s responsibility to record and follow his own attendance (For the percentages, refer to the University’s Education Guide.).
- Students should not enter the classroom after the class has been started.
- Students who do not bring their course materials are not allowed to enter the class.
- Cell phones should be turned off, or set to vibrate for emergency during the class. Camera, tape or video recording is not allowed if not stated otherwise.
- Assignments should be prepared in accordance with the Department’s Assignment, Research Paper and Thesis (A.R.T.) Preparation Guide.(can be accessed from http://www.mersindilbilim.info)
- It is the student’s responsibility to practice the highest standards of academic honesty. Cheating, plagiarism and any other form of academic dishonesty will not be tolerated.
- Assignments submitted later than the indicated dates are not accepted. Deadlines should strictly be followed.
- It is the student’s responsibility to obtain missed information from another student, not from the instructor.